In the past few months, the use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers increased drastically across all countries. With the sudden rise in affected patients, the use of the alcohol-based hand sanitizer increased in India also. However, you should depend on a good sanitizer to mark yourself safe from this infection.
In this article, we’ll try to explain everything about hand sanitizers. Like why should you use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer? How to use a sanitizer? and will also talk about the variants of sanitizers. Moreover, we’ll tell you the formula of the DIY sanitizer. It’ll protect yourself from infections during emergency conditions. At last, we’ll guide you to find the best alcohol-based hand sanitizer in India through the list.
Types of Hand Sanitizers:
According to the ingredients the hand sanitizer can be classified into two types. 1) Alcohol-Based hand Sanitizer 2) Non-Alcohol-based hand Sanitizer. However, alcohol-based sanitizers are more effective and safe to use rather than other variants.
1. Alcohol-Based Hand Sanitizers
The Alcohol-based Hand Sanitizers are the great alternative of antiseptic soaps. These Sanitizers contain around 60% – 95% alcohol. Usually, alcohol is used in the form of ethanol, isopropanol, or n-propanol. It can destroy the germs, bacteria, fungi, and viruses from your hands efficiently. However, the lower or higher concentration of alcohol makes the sanitizer less effective.
- Easy to use.
- Better effectiveness.
- Kills most of the bacteria and viruses.
- Good fragrances.
- Handy & Portable.
- It makes your skin dry.
- Not good for babies.
2. Non-Alcohol Based Hand Sanitizers
The Non-Alcohol Based Hand Sanitizers are less effective than the Alcohol-based variants. However, these sanitizers care more about your skin. Non- Alcohol-Based Sanitizers contain disinfectants rather than alcohol. The basic ingredients of these sanitizers are benzalkonium chloride (BAC), triclosan, glycerine, etc.
- Easy to use.
- Good for babies.
- Soothe your skin with good fragrances.
- Handy & Portable.
- Less effective.
- Not advised to use to prevent coronavirus.
Best Alcohol-Based Hand Sanitizers in India:
- Lifebuoy is a trusted brand. Also, it claims 99.995 germ protection.
- It contains around 70% alcohol.
- Quick-drying and Non-Sticky.
- Also, it has glycerine which leaves your skin fresh & supple.
- It comes with a convenient size pack. So, you can easily carry it outside.
- Good for kids.
- Recommended by Doctors. Also claims of 99.99% germ protection.
- Self dry Gel.
- Effective against bacteria and fungi(contains 60% alcohol).
- It contains pure extract of herbs like coriander, neems, etc.
- Moreover, sanitizer provides a cooling effect after using it.
- It contains only 60% alcohol.
- Also, the sanitizer does not come with dispenser.
- India’s most trusted Ayurvedic brand.
- Made with the ayurvedic formulation.
- Provides 99.9% germ protection.
- Rinse free and Non-sticky.
- Available in 3 fragrances. Regular, Strawberry & Lemon.
- The dispenser is not up to mark.
- The regular bottle smell like pure alcohol.
- FDA approved hand sanitizer. It contains 72.9 % alcohol.
- Gentle and non-irritating. It soothes your skin.
- Also, it provides a cooling effect on hands after applying.
- Decent fragrance.
- It has unique moisturizing and anti-oxidant properties.
- Sulfate and Paraben-free. Good for children.
- The smell of the sanitizer is not pleasant.
- Amazon Branded Hand Sanitizer.
- Non-sticky application.
- It also contains Aloe Vera, Tea Tree, and Vitamin E.
- Gentle on hands.
- Alcohol quantity is not mentioned on the bottle.
- The sanitizer is more watery. Also, the scent is not good.
- FDA approved hand sanitizer, contains 70% alcohol.
- It claims of 99.9% germs protection.
- Rinse free & Non-sticky.
- The fragrance is good.
- Gentle & non-irritating solution.
- The bottle quality is average.
- Also, No dispenser is available.
- Decent product by Indian brand Marico ((Makers of Parachute and Saffola).
- Mediker hand sanitizer contains 70% alcohol. 99.9% germ protection.
- Rinse-free and Non-sticky.
- Gentle on hands.
- Good scent. It smells like Mediker shampoo.
- However, it does not have any dispenser.
- The scent is so strong.
- Boro Plus is India’s No. 1 Antiseptic Cream brand.
- Provides 99.9% germ protection. Also, it contains 70% alcohol.
- Alcohol-based sanitizer with Neem & Tulsi.
- It has unique moisturizing properties.
- Moreover, the container quality is decent.
- However, the smell may not suit you.
- Made in India hand sanitizer.
- Palmolive hand sanitizer contains 72% alcohol. Also, it claims of 99,9% germ protection.
- It uses Non-sticky & gel-based formula.
- Cares about your hands.
- Also, the smell is decent.
- No dispenser is installed.
- Poor packaging.
Best Alcohol-Based Hand-Sanitizer in India – Guides:
We always prefer you to purchase a good hand sanitizer to preserve your family & yourself from unknown viruses. So, we have come up with some general factors that you should follow while purchasing a hand sanitizer.
1. Brands & Variants:
We already have mentioned different brands of hand sanitizers. You can go with any of them. Also, both alcohol-based and non-alcohol disinfectant sanitizers are available in Amazon. But you should opt for alcohol-based hand sanitizers. However, you can purchase disinfectant sanitizers to clean surfaces and objects.
2. Alcohol Quantity:
It is the most important factor to check while purchasing a new hand sanitizer, The alcohol quantity should be within 60-95 percent of a hand sanitizer. Any hand sanitizer with a lesser percentage of alcohol, are less effective. However, Also the percentage shouldn’t be more than 95%. It can burn your hands.
3. Expiry Dates:
You must check the expiry dates before buying a new hand sanitizer. Most of the hand sanitizers are effective up to one to two years from the manufacturing date.
Best Alcohol-Based Hand-Sanitizer in India(FAQ):
1. Which hand sanitizer should I buy?
During this pandemic situation, we strongly recommend you to purchase only alcohol-based hand sanitizers. Using these sanitizers considered to be the best practice to prevent yourself from infection. While the disinfectant hand sanitizers are less effective and not safe to use.
2. How to use hand sanitizers?
You must use a hand sanitizer properly to clean your hands. Take a small amount and rub it thoroughly over fingers and hand surfaces for 30 seconds. Then, complete the process by making your hands air-drying, However, if your hands are visibly dirty then clean your hands with soap and water first. After that, you can apply hand-sanitizers on your hands.
3. Are alcohol-based hand sanitizers safe to use?
Of course, Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are safe to use. But you should only use it on your hands. You’re not advised to use it on surfaces or objects. It can catch fire as the main ingredient is the alcohol of these types of sanitizers.
4. Are alcohol-based hand sanitizers safe for babies?
Alcohol can cause dryness to your skin. But you don’t need to worry about that. However, if you’re baby is allergic to alcohol. You should discontinue using it and consult a doctor. In that condition, antiseptic soaps will be the most preferred choice.
5. How to make hand sanitizer at home?
You can easily make a hand sanitizer at home using simple ingredients. Take 2 parts of isopropyl alcohol or ethanol, 1 part of aloe vera gel, and few drops of essential oil in a clean container. After that, mix the ingredients properly with a clean spoon & whisk.
However, you should not use a DIY sanitizer until it’s an emergency. It can cause skin irritation, injury & burns. Also, DIY sanitizers are not effective for killing all the microbes.
6. Can I wash my hands after using a hand sanitizer?
No, Never wash your hands after using a hand sanitizer. It’s such a waste of sanitizers without any benefits.
7. Do I have to wait for the hand sanitizer to dry on my skin?
Yes, make sure to rub your hands until it feels dry. Do not wave or wash your hands just after applying hand sanitizer.
8. How long do you rub your hands while using hand sanitizer?
You must rub your hands around together around 15-30 Seconds to get the most effective results. Also, clean your hands with soap if they are oily or too much dirty.
9. Which hand sanitizer I should buy?
Always buy alcohol-based hand sanitizer having 60-95% alcohol used in it.