Due to this pandemic situation, infrared thermometers suddenly became a trend all over the world. Generally, it is a non-touchable temperature detection device, which makes it different from the Mercury thermometers. You can easily measure your body temperature from a range of (2-5 inches) using this device. The IR sensors can both detect body and object( like room temp, smartphone temp, water, food) temperature. Besides, the devices are able to save readings, detect fever, and more.
Top Rated Infrared Thermometer in India:
Dr. Trust (USA) Forehead Infrared Thermometer
Reading Time: 3 Sec.
Dr. Odin Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer
Reading Time: 1 Sec.
Vandelay xiTix Infrared Thermometer
Reading Time: 1 Sec.
Sahyog Wellness Multi Function Non-Contact Forehead Thermometer
Reading Time: 1 Sec.
Omron MC 720 Non Contact Digital Thermometer
Reading Time: 0.5 Sec.
The infrared thermometers have different temperature measuring units. You can measure the temperature both in Celsius and Fahrenheit. The design of the thermometers is very compact, more like a toy gun. Besides, the devices come with a decent display and individual buttons for different modes. Also, it has a nozzle to the front. You can measure the temperature by pointing the nozzle towards the object or person.
Apart from that, The infrared thermometers need two 1.5 V AAA batteries to work. But don’t worry, you’ll rarely have to purchase new batteries. It will last up to 3 to 5 years if you’re only using the device for home use.
The accuracy of an IR thermometer varies among the brands. Since there exist plenty of infrared thermometer brands across India, we have picked up some best IR thermometers by filtering the brands & their products. Let’s have a look at it.
Best Infrared Thermometer in India 2021
- Fast and accurate temperature measurement(within 3 sec). Also, the device is recommended by medical experts.
- The digital thermometer is suitable for people of all ages. You can measure body temperature both through the forehead and ear.
- Also, it can measure the object’s temperature. Temperature units are switchable from C to F.
- Easy temperature reading saving mode: It can save up to 30 temperature readings. It helps you to track temperature changes.
- Fever Detection: The smart IR thermometer can detect your excess body temperature. Moreover, It indicates fever by lighting up and beeping sounds. However, you can mute the beep sound. This feature is great for your body.
- Backlit LCD Screen: You can measure temperature even in the dark with the backlit feature(2 color-coded backlights). Also, the LCD screen size & quality is decent.
- Auto shut off: It gets automatically shut off after a certain time. It saves your battery when you’re not using the device. Moreover, the brand claims 5 years of the service life of the IR Thermometer.
- Apart from that, Batteries are included within the box.
- It takes approx one minute to shut off automatically.
- Value for money. Suitable for people of all ages.
- Fast and Accurate measurement. Measurement distance is up to 5CM-10CM.
- It also comes with 6 Months of warranty.
- Main Features: C/F switch mode, object/material/ body temperature measurement, Clear LCD screen with big buttons, Fever Indication alert with beep sound on high temperature.
- It can also store up to 32 temperature readings. Moreover, the auto shut off features make the device shut down after 10 seconds while not using.
- However, the Quiet Mode feature is not mentioned in the thermometer.
- Non-contact infrared forehead thermometer. The measuring distance is around 3-5 CM.
- Easy to setup. Also, the device is suitable for people of all ages.
- You can measure temperature both in Celsius and Fahrenheit.
- Moreover, the device comes with a lightweight and handy design.
- Also, it has a Large tri-color backlight screen display.
- Provides highly accurate readings. Apart from that, it can save up to 20 temperature readings.
- It alerts fever by alarm beeps and also the display turns red with high temperature. Auto shut down while not using.
- Measuring distance is a little bit less.
- Only can save 20 readings while others can save 30+ readings.
- Super fast and accurate reading capability(0.5 seconds). The temperature measurement distance is around 5.0CM-10CM.
- Easy to operate. Convenient for babies, adults, infants.
- Clear big LCD backlit screen with three colors.
- Easy Temperature unit change( C to F).
- Fever detection alarm: Similarly, It will flash red light & give a beep sound when detects the high temperature of your body.
- Also, the Quite Mode & Auto-shutdown(if the device remains idle) feature is available.
- However, It can’t store temperature readings.
- Also, it takes 20 seconds to shut down automatically.
- Equipped with the most advanced infrared technology. This permits temperature measurement from a distance of 5 cms without contact with the object. Furthermore, it takes only 1 Sec to measure temperature.
- Amazon Choice IR Device. Convenient for babies, children, adults, office workers.
- The maximum allowable error is ±0.2℃ in the range of (35℃ – 42℃) ±0.3℃ outside the range of (35℃ – 42℃).
- Other Features: C to F switch mode, material/ body temperature measurement, three colors backlit screen, auto Fever Indication alert on high temperature.
- Moreover, JSTOR Thermometers can store up to 32 temperature readings.
- Also, it comes with a 1 Year Replacement Warranty.
- CE and RoHS approved Infrared thermometer. Convenient IR device for babies and adults.
- Built-in laser technology. It provides the most accurate readings possible in 0.5 seconds.
- General Features: C to F switch, object/ body temperature measurement, Tri-Color backlit screen, Fever Indication on high temperature.
- Reading store capacity: It can store up to 32 temperature readings. Also, auto shut off(takes 12 sec) feature is available in this device.
- The Tied IR thermometer comes with a one year of warranty.
Best Infrared Thermometer in India(FAQ)
1. How to use an IR thermometer?
Using an IR thermometer is easier than you think. You’ve to just put the batteries and press the trigger button. After that, you’re ready to go. There are individual buttons for every function like object/body temperature measurement, C/F change, memory saving, or beep function. To measure temperatures, point the IR sensor to the object/forehead/ear within the required distance & press the trigger button.
2. How to set an IR thermometer?
Put new batteries into the IR thermometer. Then press the trigger button. The IR thermometer will blink up with green light(varies on different brands). After that, You can set the device to object/body mode or C/F mode by pressing the consecutive buttons.
3. How to reset an infrared thermometer?
You don’t have to reset the IR thermometers at all. You can simply measure new reading by pressing the trigger button again. It will overlap the old reading.
4. How to check fever with the digital thermometer?
Normally our body temperature remains 36,.9 degrees Celsius or 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit. If the IR thermometer readings show more temperature than the norm, then you must have a fever. However, The IR thermometer comes with a fever indicator feature. It indicates fever by changing the screen from green(normal) to orange(a bit high than normal) and red(fever). Apart from that, it also alerts you with a beep sound.
5. How to use IR thermometers on the forehead?
You can use an IR thermometer both on your ear and forehead. To use It your forehead, you’ve to aim your forehead with the IR sensor/nozzle of the device. After that, press the trigger button to measure the temperature of your forehead.
6. How accurate are readings on IR thermometers?
The accuracy of a thermometer depends on the emissivity. For an accurate IR thermometer, the sensor’s emissivity setting and the surface’s emissivity should match.
7. Can we use IR thermometer underarm?
No, you can’t use an IR thermometer on your underarms. You’re advised to use it on your ear or forehead.